The Chasuble, which is displayed at the back of the church, is a composite garment and probably originated in the sixteenth century.
Sir Richard de Clifton founded the chantry chapel of 'The Holy Crucifix' inside the old St. Michael's church at Kirkham. From 1547, during the reformation, all such chantry chapels were forbidden.
On reformation of St. Michael's in 1548, the last priest, Sir Thomas Prymbett, lef the church to become the chaplain at Westby Hall. There he ministered to the Clifton family and the surrounding community until his death in 1564. Our Chasuble is allegedly to have belonged to Sir Thomas Prymbett.